jueves, 21 de marzo de 2019

Unforgettable Beautiful Landscapes in China - ConfuciusMag

Unforgettable Beautiful Landscapes in China - ConfuciusMag

ConfuciusMag – Confucius Institute Magazine



Unforgettable Beautiful Landscapes in China

Islam, Dhaka University, Bangladesh: “My most unforgettable trip is climbing Mount Tai with my teacher. It took us three hours to climb to the top of this high mountain. I had never climbed such a high mountain in Bangladesh, so I was very excited. In some places, the mountain is very steep with deep valley below. I was afraid to look down. Our teacher told us to look forward into the distance.”27_taishan_02

What’s China really like in the eyes of foreigners? Which parts of Chinese culture are the most attractive? What are their personal experiences while learning Chinese language? Are there any touching stories that happened to them during their stay in China? You will find the answers here. After reading the following stories, don’t you have the desire to pick up your pen and put down something in Chinese about things around you?

Islam, Dhaka University, Bangladesh

My name is Islam. I am a staff member of Dhaka University, Bangladesh. In 2006, I went to Shandong Normal University in China to learn Chinese. Although I have returned to Bangladesh now, I still miss those days in China. My favorite hobby is travel. I have visited many parks in Jinan, capital of Shandong province, such as Baihua Park, Forest Park, Quancheng Park and so on. I have also traveled to some far away places with my teachers and classmates.
My most unforgettable trip is climbing Mount Tai with my teacher. It took us three hours to climb to the top of this high mountain. I had never climbed such a high mountain in Bangladesh, so I was very excited. In some places, the mountain is very steep with deep valley below. I was afraid to look down. Our teacher told us to look forward into the distance.
27_taishan_10
In the course of climbing, we saw lots of beautiful scenery. There are many tall trees on the mountain. On the cliffs are engraved many big characters. They have a long history, and I only recognized a few of them. The sky is blue and clean there. As I didn’t wear enough clothes, I felt very cold and wanted to go back when we got to Zhongtianmen. But I would not reach the top if I had gone back. So I went kept on climbing and reached the top. I succeeded.
Climbing was tiring but going downhill was thrilling. We took the fast moving cable car to go downhill. I asked myself what if I fell into the deep valley? I would not be able to return to Bangladesh and see my family. However, this was only a false alarm. Eventually we reached the foot of the mountain safely.
27_taishan_03
It has been two years since I returned home. Yet I always think of the days in China, thinking about the coldness, the tiredness and the thrill while climbing Mount Tai. I will learn Chinese well so that I will go to China and climb Mount Tai again. I will wear enough clothes and appreciate the scenery in leisure. I will be able to recognize more characters on the cliffs of the mountain.
I am looking forward to all these.

ic_ENG_03-1
pdfPublished in Confucius Institute Magazine
Number 03.Volume III. July 2009.
View/Download the print issue in PDF

No hay comentarios: