martes, 13 de agosto de 2019

Photographer-filmmaker Avani Rai’s upcoming exhibition is a postcard from Kashmir | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

Photographer-filmmaker Avani Rai’s upcoming exhibition is a postcard from Kashmir | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

Written by Anushree Majumdar |Updated: August 13, 2019 9:37:25 am

Photographer-filmmaker Avani Rai’s upcoming exhibition is a postcard from Kashmir

Last week, the government read down Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir. Rai’s show, titled ‘Exhibit A’, is a response to that.

Avani Rai photography exhibition, Kala ghoda art gallery mumbai, Avani Rai Raghu Rai, Avani Rai Kashmir photos, indian express
Avani Rai (Mohammad Alvani )


There isn’t much by way of an invitation to Avani Rai’s exhibition that begins this week; just an email with the date and a few images that will be on display at Method, the new art gallery in Kala Ghoda, south Mumbai. The 27-year-old photographer-filmmaker looks restless — it is Eid and Kashmir is on her mind. “I’ve been living in Srinagar for four years now. I first went to Kashmir in 2014, when I was making a film about my father Raghu Rai. I went back in 2016 to shoot the second half of the documentary and I stuck around. If people call me a photographer today, it’s because Kashmir gave me the need to pick up the camera,” says Rai. Last week, the government read down Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir. Rai’s show, titled ‘Exhibit A’, is a response to that.

No hay comentarios: