jueves, 4 de julio de 2019

Primeval Tales of the Earth | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

Primeval Tales of the Earth | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

Written by Parth Khatau |Published: July 4, 2019 1:02:07 am

Primeval Tales of the Earth

Artist SG Vasudev’s work of six decades culminates in an exhibition that honours his occupation with line and life

Artist SG Vasudev, SG Vasudev art exhibition, SG Vasudev exhibition mumbai, artist SG Vasudev exhibition,
Artist SG Vasudev


Becoming an artist was never the plan. “My parents wanted me to pursue engineering or medicine, even though my mother was an amateur artist,” says SG Vasudev. Drawing diagrams in his botany and zoology class was how he was introduced to art. He would draw caricatures and cartoons for leading Kannada newspapers in Mysore, where he grew up. “I wanted to join art school but my father never allowed me,” he says, “However, that changed when art historian G Venkatachalam saw my work and insisted I pursue art as a career. In 1962, I joined the Madras Art School, which was run by KCS Paniker.”

No hay comentarios: