jueves, 18 de julio de 2019

On writing: The fountain-pen has survived time, trade and technology | The Indian Express

On writing: The fountain-pen has survived time, trade and technology | The Indian Express

On writing: The fountain-pen has survived time, trade and technology

Many people will probably give up writing by hand and either type, or dictate to their favourite form of technology. However, for those limited few who still prefer to write by hand, I am happy the fountain-pen still survives. I don’t mean the high-end pens alone, there are several brands that are relatively cheap.

fountain pen, fountain pen ink, fountain pen writing, fountain pen calligraphy, Richmal Crompton
For those limited few who still prefer to write by hand, the fountain-pen still survives.

Recently, an author came to present me with a copy of her new book. As I always do in situations like this, I asked her to sign it for me and was pleasantly surprised when she produced a fountain-pen. I know a doctor who is in his eighties. Medical prescriptions are known for their illegibility. This doctor’s prescription is a sight to behold and yes, he swears by a fountain-pen.

No hay comentarios: