viernes, 13 de septiembre de 2019

How I found my tribe in mehfils of Hindustani poetry | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

How I found my tribe in mehfils of Hindustani poetry | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

Written by Anant Nath Sharma |New Delhi |Updated: September 13, 2019 4:14:48 pm

How I found my tribe in mehfils of Hindustani poetry

Literary mehfils have seen an upsurge at every level, thanks to the reintroduction of poetry and literature to the younger generation by YouTube poetry videos.

poetry, mehfil, poetry session, hindi diwas, indian express, indian express news
Poetry House Party by Dark Room Poets in session in Nagpur. (Image: Dark Room Poets)


The concept of a mehfil, an unorganised gathering discussing the arts or even politics, is not something new. Every generation has seen these assemblies, whether it’s at someone’s house, with close friends in attendance, or even at a roadside chai tapri, with free-flowing banter. Literary mehfils have seen an upsurge at every level, thanks to the reintroduction of poetry and literature to the younger generation by YouTube poetry videos.

No hay comentarios: