miércoles, 11 de marzo de 2020

Facilities Analyst Candis Hills | NASA

Facilities Analyst Candis Hills | NASA



Facilities Analyst Candis Hills

(NASA/Aubrey Gemignani)
"On my first day, I felt like I did not belong. I felt like I was unqualified. That’s the thing: the people around here, I don’t know if it’s just the culture or the area where we are, but these people around here, they just encourage you: 'You can do it!' and 'Let me show you this, there’s nothing to it!' I mean, really, they forced me out of my element, even into where I am right now. I belong now. I definitely belong now. I don’t feel out of place. I feel like I have a better handle on things compared to when I was younger and easily intimidated. I feel like I belong now.  
"My goal right now is to find a need and fill it. That’s my thing. And that’s all through life. Any job, any position. That’s the goal. Find the need. Find what you’re good at. And you fill that need."
— Candis Hills, Facilities Analyst, Michoud Assembly Facility 
Image Credit: NASA / Aubrey Gemignani
Interviewer: NASA / Thalia Patrinos
Last Updated: March 3, 2020
Editor: Thalia Patrinos

No hay comentarios: