lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2020

This scientist read a paper every day for 899 days. Here’s what she learned | Nature Index

This scientist read a paper every day for 899 days. Here’s what she learned | Nature Index



‘I read a paper a day for 899 days’

Molecular biologist Olivia Rissland set herself the task of reading a different scientific paper every day for six months in 2018. The challenge not only helped her to keep up with research in her field, but also introduced her to methods and issues around ethics and systematic bias in science. “It’s made me a much more well-rounded scientist,” she says. Rissland found the challenge so rewarding that she’s kept it going, and in June this year she reached 899 papers in 899 days. She recommends the challenge to others. “I never would have imagined how much I would learn through this and how this would make me a better scientist and human.”
Nature Index | 3 min read

No hay comentarios: