jueves, 30 de mayo de 2019

‘I want to make you hungry about your own culture’ | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

‘I want to make you hungry about your own culture’ | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

Written by Dipanita Nath |Pune |Published: May 30, 2019 7:46:54 am



‘I want to make you hungry about your own culture’

A singer, actor and writer and director, Shekhar Sen is also the chairman of the Sangeet Natak Akademi.

shekhar sen, shekhar sen interview, who is shekhar sen, Sangeet Natak Akademi, Sangeet Natak Akademi chairman
Shekhar Sen, chairman of Sangeet Natak Akademi. (Inni Singh)


“An artiste has a very long life. If I am an artiste, I am a different category. I have to do something that has to remain for centuries,” says Shekhar Sen. A singer, actor and writer and director, Sen is also the chairman of the Sangeet Natak Akademi. He rose to prominence as a singer in the 1980s and 90s and had released 200 musical albums before beginning a series of solo theatre performances that brought alive Tulsidas, Kabir, Vivekananda and Soordas on stage. These plays have been presented across the world, as well as in Parliament and Rashtrapati Bhavan multiple times. “When I started performing these plays, my aim was to represent the best of my culture. The best personalities of our culture are painters, saints and thinkers,” he adds. Sen is bringing three of his famous plays, Kabir, Tulsidas and Vivekananda to Pune on May 31, June 1 and June 2 respectively. Excerpts from a conversation:

No hay comentarios: