jueves, 30 de mayo de 2019

The Colour of My Past | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

The Colour of My Past | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

Written by Parth Khatau |Updated: May 30, 2019 12:00:49 am



The Colour of My Past

Comedian Russell Peters on his ‘Deported World Tour’, memories of India and why Indian politicians must have thicker skins.

The Colour of My Past
Russell Peters


I distinctly remember my brother and I were put on a train from Burhanpur (Madhya Pradesh) to Kolkata by my father and it was not air-conditioned,” says Russell Peters, 48. This was one of their first trips to the country in 1982 and 12-year-old Peters was already doing impressions of chaiwallas on the train. “We did not speak a word of Hindi and all we were told to say to anyone, by our father, was ‘mein Hindi nahi samajhta (I do not understand Hindi)’,” he says. He remembers in Burhanpur, his father would step out with a gun for self-protection as there were wild animals around at night.

No hay comentarios: